Step 1:
The First Step to making "millions" on the internet is to determine what my Niche is. There are a ton of questions that Tracy poses to help you to find your Niche. I went through them all, and I determined that I have no special talents. It was kind of depressing really. I am an electrical engineer by trade and I guess that the only thing that really makes me get excited is technology. But the market for technology is so cut-throat, that it is extremely difficult to remain adept in the market place. So after much consideration, I decided to start selling cables.
Tracy tells to pick something that we are passionate about and that we can make money with. So i guess that I will confess my passion for cables here. There is nothing quite as impressive as the feeling that I get when I think of those little electrons screaming down the copper conductor at the speed of light times the propagation factor it really makes me drop my jaw in awe. (Actually, the electrons really move very slowly - it is the quantity of electrons and their propagation that makes them seem to move the speed of light, but the actual electrons themselves don't move very quickly at all, and nearly not at all in AC circuits) But anyway - my A.D.D. aside, we are going to sell cables.
All sorts of cables. Cat5, Cat6, USB in all sorts, Fiber-Optic Cables (which don't even transmit electrons) and Computer Cables, and whatever other types of cables that I can manage to get my hands on. I will become the chief of Cables - That's a good name for a website! http://cablechief.com (I already registered it - but now you're thinking like a true entrepreneur)
So that's our niche. Cables. And starting a new website for it will be a good control for our experiment. We can easily track our sales of we go from nothing to something. If you have a better niche or idea, then feel free to share it here and we can go into business together.
Now for the Second Part of Part 1 (I'll call it Part 1B):
Tracy teaches us that we need 4 websites for our one website. It doesn't really make much sense to me, but I guess she's the expert, and we are in this thing for the long haul, so let's bite the bullet and go for it.
So I bit the bullet and registered the websites. I will give you the titles of the types of websites here, but if you really want the details of how the sites are supposed to work, then you really should read the book. (It is available here - Insert Link)
The types of sites are listed below with the examples of her sites that correspond to those types:
(you can click on the web addresses to link to them) - thanks to my handy HTML skills - and google
1. Branding - http://www.MarketingMakeoverMaestro.com
2. Sales Letter - http://www.JVCoachingClub.com
3. Blog - http://www.TracyRepchuk.com
4. Landing Page - http://MarketingMakeoverMiracles.com
So that's it for Step 1 (and Step 1b)
Here are the pages that I created for Me/Our cable business (some of them are still under development so please be patient) and go ahead and click on any sponsor that you may or may not come across on them.
1. Branding - http://www.AdvancedMatrix.net - it has been my business website for years. But it REALLY needs an update. If you are an HTML programmer looking to do some pro-bono (free) work, then please feel free to let me know.
2. Sales Letter - http://www.CableChief.com
3. Blog - http://www.RobertRichey.com - using my name as Tracy suggests
4. Landing Page - http://www.SkepticsView.com - because I truly AM skeptical if this will work.
Get your sites registered and meet me back here for the next Step - Step 2
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment